Woodland Burials - Environmentally friendly burial and funeral services
Our Services - What do Woodland Burials offer?
An undisturbed permanent resting place.
- Unlike municipal and other cemeteries where often a short-term lease only is acquired and graves can be subject to re-use, our burial grounds offer a permanent grave that will remain undisturbed.
Either full or ashes interment
- We do not just offer full interment - we also inter ashes after cremation.
Place for family and friends to visit and to be at peace
- As the woodland develops it will become an increasingly attractive place for family and friends to visit.
A beautiful woodland without broken and dangerous headstones
- Unlike traditional cemeteries that often fall into decay and disrepair there will be no unsightly broken and dangerous headstones.
A religious or secular burial
- No particular form of service or any interment service is expected: the choice is left entirely to the family and can be formal or entirely informal.
An opportunity for family and friends to reserve adjacent plots
- If reservations are made together, we can ensure that loved ones are buried in adjacent plots.
Reservation at today's prices
- Reservations made today will peg the price at today's level and will be evidenced by a formal numbered Certificated Receipt showing the right of interment.
A hardwood plaque inscribed with name and lifespan
- A hardwood plaque will mark the grave and can be replaced when it biodegrades.
A site management scheme approved by Wildlife Trusts
- Each Woodland of Remembrance is managed in accordance with a scheme of management approved by Wildlife Trusts and the local authority to ensure its development for the benefit of wildlife and insects.
A nature reserve and habitat for wildlife
- Our management schemes will ensure that each Woodland of Remembrance will grow into a nature reserve and sanctuary for wildlife.
A contribution to the balance of nature by the planting of a tree
- A native broadleaf tree is planted for each full or ashes interment.
Unrestricted access for visitors to the burial ground
- Our Woodlands of Remembrance never close and can be visited whenever family or friends choose.
An opportunity to be interred where you choose
- There are no by-laws preventing persons from outside the Parish from being interred.
No additional levy or restriction for those from outside the Parish
- Some local authorities charge up to three times the normal fee for those who live outside their Parish and others do not allow interment unless you live in the catchment area.
No shortage of available space
- There is a national shortage of space in traditional cemeteries with the threat of increased re-usage or even burial 'standing up'; we have no such problem.